HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Forum remake is in the process. Updates will be made and character sheets updated as well. Hope you have fun with how things are currently. Sorry about how things have been!

Share | 

Training in Hokkaido

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dream Eater

Volts : 56

PostSubject: Training in Hokkaido   Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:27 pm

Damien hitched up his backpack as he and Elliana continued up the rugged trail towards their final destination. All the other Guardians, after having been destroyed in the conflict with the Terreti Famiglia, had decided to train. The swordsmen had gone with Boss Takashi, while Jameson had taken the others. That left Damien and Elliana, the owners of the most violent Flames, completely masterless. After some debate, the Stella Polare Famiglia had decided to send the pair to fend for themselves in the wilderness of Hokkaido, where they would spar and attempt to survive with no help, in order to overcome the vastly more powerful Terreti Guardians. He had told the school and football team that it was personal training to prepare for the upcoming season, and they had readily agreed after hearing of his extensive (if false) preparations. His sister had taken a bit more convincing, but after a while he succeeded when she simply gave up, exclaiming, "Fine! Geez, just don't get yourself killed, idiot." Now, after many hours of traveling, and many 'cute couple' comments by their elders that made Damien laugh and Elliana reclusive, they had survived the trains and tourguides in order to reach Soun-kyo, in the middle of the Daisetsuzan National Park.

Damien watched the sun glint off the gemstone in his Storm Ring, questioning his resolve about this entire venture. "Well, it's wonderful that I can become stronger, but I have t' attack a woman t' do it. " He shook his head, chiding himself. "No... I have to shoot Elliana to do it. She's my fellow Guardian, and this is for me, her, and the livelihood of the Family. I will be able to pull the trigger. I have to." Still, Damien thought, she could make it a little bit easier to consider her family if she ever showed any emotions other than misanthropy. In order to help himself, Damien had brought mostly rubber bullets, with only two loading containers full of true slugs. It was a worry if he had to fight off other Flame users, but it should be enough for dealing with Elliana and any indigenous animals. "Almost there, Elliana. How ya holdin' up?" Even for the pair of them, this was quite a difficult trail, almost never attempted by regular people.

Finally, after another hour or so of legwork, they reached the bottom of a gorge, with a somewhat small waterfall (small for a waterfall, that is) thundering behind them. Damien dropped his backpack with a satisfied thunk and sigh. "Ahh, that feels good t' get off my shoulders." He exclaimed. Damien began to set up camp, preparing a firepit and gathering tree branches and the like, both for fire fuel and building a tent. "Alright, listen up. We have the waterfall over there for clean drinking water, and there are a couple of natural onsens 'round here t' bathe 'n' wash clothes. It gets pretty damn cold here 'round nighttime, so don't be afraid t' go in one if you're freezin'." Damien took a machete from his backpack and, spinning it once or twice to get the feel, set it down on a nearby boulder. "As fer shelter, we'll be makin' our own. Everyone knows how t' make fire, and tents are pretty easy t' make, so it won't take too long. However, if ya want, I brought an actual tent fer the first night so ya can change. Food's up t' ya as well. If you're hungry, ya have a weapon - go get it. Just be careful o' the native bears."

Damien here reached into his backpack and pulled out his revolvers, both nestled within their respective holsters, and buckled them on, his favorite Bullet Bill belt buckle holding them up. He checked that both revolvers were full of ammunition and that there were no problems with the inner machinery. "Ya probably already know this, but we're here t' figure out how t' use these 'Dying Will Flames,' you with Cloud, 'n' me with Storm. Everyone else has a tutor or the like, thus it's just us. I guess we're too powerful fer everyone else." Damien laughed, then continued with his synopsis."So, we'll be sparring each other everyday while trying to stay alive in this wilderness. If that doesn't give birth to something called Dying Will Flames, I don't know what will." Damien took one last breath before finishing up, slapping two ammunition belts over his shoulders. Most of the bullets were in the competition-style six shot loaders, so Damien could go toe-to-toe with Elliana, who would never run out of ammunition."We have a communicator that goes straight t' Takashi should we need help, or vice versa. Other than that, we're on our own." Most of this should have been a recap for Elliana; while planning the trip, Damien had told her to pack light. He himself only had his weapons and what he needed to take care of them, a fishing pole, map, compass, the machete, a set or two of extra clothing, and the portable tent for decencies' sake. "I reckon that's everythin'. Now, do ya need a bit of a break, or shall we start?" Damien asked, settling into his linebacker-like battle position.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elliana

Volts : 518

PostSubject: Re: Training in Hokkaido   Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:32 am

Elliana found herself slowly falling more and more into a dead mood. People had constantly commented about things on the rides. A coupld? Were they so blind as to see how she stayed spaced from the male, how she stood disinterested. She only found peace the moment they began walking the path. Where she could feel the sun and know that no one would make a remark. She had more important things to focus on, namely this whole ordeal with flames and rivals. Most importantly was her pride, taking it back to slaughtering the one who had so mercilessly torn her to shreds and beat her.

Her companions question of how she was doing brought her from her thoughts. She stared at him for a moment before looking to the side as she walked. ".. Fine." She answered smoothly, watching the path and the nature around. This was comforting, being away from crowds and being able to hear the birds and critters. Yes they were open in the sense there was many places for someone to hide but she didn't have to worry about any one getting in her way or trying to stop the fight.

The time passed by quickly to her, and she found herself and Damien in the spot he had deemed worthy enough to stay for how ever long this took. Hopefully it wasn't too long, she knew that while her caretaker didn't care much for her being out that she already suspected her to be up to misdeeds. Especially when she told her that she was leaving to train with a male. And that she had heard about her hanging out with the male family members when needed. No one knew how to keep to themselves, made her miss Russia. No one talked to another, gossip was a quick way to find one without life.

Her thoughts had made her miss half of what Damien had been saying, not that it could be shown since she always had a look of indifference on her face. Setting her pack down at her feet she half listened in, eyes straying to the water fall. It was a brilliant display of nature, a serene back drop to what would become a battle of wills and training unlike anything she had been through. Her eyes jumped to him when he mentioned about the cold and having a portable tent. Cold? That was her home. And she had learned long ago how to survive in the wild.

It was a nice gesture she supposed, but she had learned that being on the floor was a liability when it came to camping out. Not just for the animals either, enemies could sneak up and easily take you out in a vulnerable position. Hunting wasn't much of a problem either, there was enough around to be caught in some way. She barely listened to his semi recap of the situation. Mastering their will flames, which she barely knew the theory of. It was supposed to be the unyielding resolve to do whatever, in this case fight and live. Or that's what she gathered from the explanation they were all given.

Once he was done, she noticed his stance and his question. The walk had been tiresome but not overly so. Just taxing because of the length of the trip and people that were around in the beginning. Her answer wasn't verbal, just her sweeping her hair into a pony tail and flicking her wrists so that the blades came out in the defensive mode on both arms. She didn't need to worry about the pack or anything going wrong. She had packed her normal trip affairs. A hammock for sleep, sharpening stone, clothes, and her hunting knife.

"... Do not hold back like you did outside the school. I am your enemy, I will not show any mercy." She remarked, falling into her normal stance, one foot forward, the other back and squared, though her form was lax, almost bored in appearance as she raised her right arm and her left behind her. "If I sense any hesitation, I will kill you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dream Eater

PostSubject: Re: Training in Hokkaido   Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:00 am

Damien saw Elliana enter a defensive stance, her favorite bladed gloves still cocked back as opposed to readied for throat stabbing and the like. "Still, considering this girl, I wouldn't be surprised if she did." He muttered to himself. "...Do not hold back like you did outside the school. I am your enemy, I will not show any mercy. If I sense any hesitation, I will kill you." Damien mock shivered. "Oh dearie me, I'm quakin' in my Texas sized cowboy boots. Ya won't get the chance, honey." Damien grinned savagely. "Y'know, I think this is gonna be a fun week!" Damien tensed his muscles as his fingers danced along the grips of his revolvers. He prepared to draw, aiming for a kill...and failed.

His muscles, trained to be chivalrous from birth, failed to release and order Death to fly. He simply couldn't shoot Elliana. It didn't matter that she was a Guardian, or his equal, if not better, in fighting - Damien couldn't bring himself to hurt her. It was the same as when he attempted to fire upon Akimoto- the earth could split and the sky could rend, but Damien couldn't actually hurt her. The entire week was a waste.

But then Damien began to think of the battle in the park, of how weak he turned out to be. How completely useless he had been in doing the one job he had been assigned- protecting the boss. How completely pathetic he felt when he had to be saved from the chopping block. He thought of the absolute crushing misery and pain that weakness had brought him. "No." He whispered to himself. The thought resounded within his head. It fought with his overriding sense of chivalry, an epic battle akin to that of Lucifer's uprising against all the Host of Heaven. He hated that feeling of being weak, of being...trash. "Never again..." Damien steeled himself. He was winning. "Never again... will I be so weak. Never again... will I fail to protect what is dear to me! I will become strong!"

With a glorious roar, the Host of Heaven triumphed once more against the fallen horde. Damien's muscles released and his arms snapped up. His up until then nonexistent killing intent became a physical force as the world slowed down and Damien sped up. "Godspeed Burst!" Damien squeezed the trigger faster than most men could see, discharging four rounds so quickly they sounded like one. Moreover, to a round they were killshots: two aimed for the chest, another for the head, and the last one gunned for the throat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elliana

PostSubject: Re: Training in Hokkaido   Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:43 am

A sense of irritation had filled her when his brave words produced nothing in an action. He would be a liability in battle if that kept appearing. While it was a nice ideal, being kind and forgiving a woman and being on your way, in war there was no giving that chance. The moment one hesitated was the moment that your forfeited your right to life. Something would have to be done to get the man to be able to steel himself against well, himself. Perhaps this week would be able to teach him more then just control of his flame.

While most would miss it, she kept her eyes trained on him as he stood frozen. He was debating in his head, what about she did not know. She hated this tense silence, her instinct to attack kicking in. She wanted him to make the first move, not for him to be defending and cowering out. They both had things to work on, more so then figuring this flame thing out.

Even though her eyes were trained on him she was still shocked when he jumped into action. The name of his attack was familiar, but she cursed silently, body not fast enough to out move bullets, worse so with the gunner's quick speed. She managed to raise her hand to deflect the two aimed towards her chest. She had attempted to turn her head to avoid a too hard hit from the rubber bullets but caught a nasty one to the side of her neck. The last grazed the left side of her head, though her body was focused on the sudden hit to her neck. coughing once, she brought her hand to rub the soft and tender area. That would bruise no doubt, be an ugly one too.

Throwing her left arm out, let the blades swing freely forward, resembling more of a gripped double prong blade. He had taken the first shot, that was a good step. Now, it was her turn to be serious and make this as real a battle as she could. Smirking lightly, she ran forward, left blades dragging on the ground for a bit before dragging it up in an arc as her feet left the ground. Cocking her left hand back she thrust forward towards his stomach. She kept her right hand defensive, ready to block what bullets she could if he fired again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dream Eater

PostSubject: Re: Training in Hokkaido   Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:10 pm

Damien grimaced slightly as he saw one of the rubber bullets fly and strike her, but it also carried a little thrill of victory;  he had done it! He finally found it within himself to strike Elliana. He didn't want to know what white trash part of him that had hidden this ability, but it really didn't matter. There was a far more pressing, pink-haired problem before him holding two sharp knives to deal with. Damien saw the left-handed blade swing forward, even Elliana lithely sprang forward. A crazy idea sprang into his head, one that no sane human would ever even think of attempting. Thus Damien decided that it would be the perfect way to counter.

Elliana had telegraphed her attack from a mile away by keeping her right blade back. Perhaps she was left-handed, but other than those extremely short range claw-thingies, Damien didn't have to focus on a right side attack. As Elliana closed in, Damien prepared himself. He saw her left arm cock backwards, and he was ready. They had obviously both been in quite a few fights, but unlike Elliana, trained to kill with her panther claws, Damien had always fought not with guns, but with his fists. He slammed his right handed revolver into its holster, and switched his grip on the left, so that the barrel followed his arm and pointed towards his elbow. The counterattack had begun.

Damien stepped forward with his right foot, simultaneously twisting his entire body to the side, thus throwing off Elliana's timing. Her blade rocketed forward for Damien's heart, but it was no longer there. Still, she had corrected enough that Damien received a nice slash across his abdomen, and might have received more had he not parried away her left arm with his own, using the gun as a kind of tonfa. Using his incredible mass and momentum, Damien sent a devastating right hook aimed at Elliana's left kidney, an opening possible only due to Damien's incredible recklessness and fearlessness. But still, even Damien knew when to stop. Immediately after this attack, whether it made contact or not, he would spin out and gain some distance. Even with his incredible strength, Elliana definitely had the advantage at short range, and Damien didn't feel like seeing her wear his guts for garters anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elliana

PostSubject: Re: Training in Hokkaido   Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:06 pm

Elliana stayed focused, her blade creating a screech when it slid across his revolver. He was quick, she would give the athlete that much. most others would have just tried to dodge or been impaled by her. He had brains, good, she didn't want this to be something one sided and her winning too much. If it was, she would have to walk away and return back to Namimori. She would never learn anything from an opponent who was unable to keep up with her.

The familiar sound of fabric tearing and the sight of blood brought a normal reaction from her, a tiniest bit of a smile. However she barely caught the movement of his right arm. Glaring, she let her attack follow through, slamming the blades into the ground and twisting her body so it grazed the mark. At least he wasn't wearing any ring with sharp edges to cut her skin.

Twisting her body, she pushed against the blades in the ground to jump back, blades easily sliding out of the ground. There was a bit of dirt that mixed with the blood that lightly sliding down the silver. They would need a good cleaning after this, though as always they seemed to sing with the joy of feeling that red liquid on them.

It was a stand off between the two once more. He had good reflexes, but she saw his hesitancy to use bullets up close. With nothing to guard his fists but the revolvers, it would be an upper hand for her and her Pardus Ungue. But long range would be his with his quick draw. Even if she could deflect most of them, if he used that godspeed, she would be hit. Enough in the same area would be bad. Especially if he knew pressure points.

Without her knowledge, a smile crept across her lips, small but there. It had been too long since she had someone who made a battle fun, one who was able to think ahead and to surprise. she couldn't yet read all his movements, but she did want to continue testing him. Then she would go all out, using all she had learned and see how well he stood up. Retracting the left blades back, she clenched her fists, blades sliding up from the knuckles and settling.

"... Unless you say something, I will not stop fighting. When you have had enough, speak up." She stated, voice normal as she moved forward. She did not want to kill someone who wanted to be stronger and take revenge as badly as she did, nor did she want to end someone who was a comrade. Not unless there was orders to do so or they deserved it.

Pushing hard on her left leg, she took off to the right, deciding to see how well he was at tracking targets. She had to know any other weaknesses of his, if only to know what to work on. After all, a team was only as strong as the weakest member. Not saying he was, but she would rather be able to trust one person to be competent in battle if things got tough again. Pushing from the ground, she dug her right hand into the bark of a tree before pushing her weight up and swinging up around a tree branch to hide in the leaves of it. Waiting for a gust, she moved to the left, using practiced years of wilderness fighting to move as silently and stealthily as possible.

It was his move now. She had moved farther from him, which gave him a slight advantage but there was enough obstacles to slow or block those bullets if he fired them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dream Eater

PostSubject: Re: Training in Hokkaido   Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:37 pm

Damien hissed as he slid backwards, pressing his right hand to his belly in order to feel how bad the injury was. He breathed a sigh of relief when he discoverd the blade had indeed sliced open his skin, it had not gone in far enough to damage the muscles. It would be an annoyance, but he could still use Godspeed Burst. "... Unless you say something, I will not stop fighting. When you have had enough, speak up." Elliana declared. Damien, in response, laughed. "Don't worry, honey. It'll take more than this little flesh wound t' stop me. Hunger will make me stop before ya ever will." Then Damien saw Elliana smile, the first time he had ever seen it. "Hell, fer all I know, this could be her first time smilin', period."

Damien thought of the differences between the two of them as he reloaded with a few spare bullets, and came to the same conclusion that Elliana no doubt already had: They were perfect opposites in just about every way. If they were up close, Damien could hold out for a bit, but it was only a matter of time until Elliana cut him, perhaps even lethally. But at a distance like this, Damien could take potshots all he wanted until Elliana finally closed the gap. She was certainly quick enough to do it. "If we ever got our act together, we'd make one hell o' a team." The thought passed quickly from Damien's head. He had to concentrate if he wanted to survive. And as he watched, Elliana circled right. Damien watched intently, tracking her with his revolver, making sure she had no way of attacking his blindside. But Damien realized her true intentions as she escaped into the bushes. "Damn... she's gonna try t' ambush me. I can't lose her!" He tracked her intently, slowly sliding his revolver into its holster for a quickdraw if necessary. But then a breeze came, revealing where she was- or rather, where she had been. She had escaped, and even if not far, it was far enough. Realizing that his current course of action was useless, Damien decided to try something else.

He slid both revolvers into their holsters and bent down. He came back up, and if Elliana was looking, she would see that he had picked up a rock a little smaller than a baseball. Damien continued this process several times, until he could no longer fit the rocks into his pockets. Elliana must have thought him mad. But still, Damien had a plan. He slowly crossed the opening in the trees, directly across from where he had last seen seen Elliana. He was careful to be silent himself, even though he knew Elliana could easily see him. Still, rubbing his hands as he approached a tall tree, he threw himself upwards, his powerful muscles shooting him skywards. He grabbed a branch with a single arm, and with a silent effort, pulled himself up into its cradle. Pushing off and repeating this process several times, Damien did by brute force what Elliana accomplished with finesse. He gave himself a moment to collect his breath as he relaxed in the tree.

Then, as all went silent for a while, Damien heard the chirping of the crickets, and the singing of the birds, and he knew it was time to act. Slowly drawing out his revolver, he pulled it up to eye level and prepared his left arm to meet his right on the grip, the most stable and accurate firing position for any handgun. However, his left hand instead sneaked into his pocket and pulled out one of the rocks he had collected. He flipped his wrist, a nice easy throw that sent the rock forward just as well as a gun did a bullet. As it hit the ground, perhaps one or two birds rose, chirping in panic, but little else. That was simply a test, as Damien pulled out the second rock. This one he threw a little to the right of the original, and got the result he wanted.

The birds, which had returned to the battleground while Damien took his time in silence, now shot up, shrieking in protest. Damien threw a third, just to be sure. But as the birds flew away in their blind panic to escape the earth's artillery, they batted away leaves and dead branches. A second or two after the start of the stampede, the birds had revealed Elliana. It was as simple as the only location they absolutely avoided, as afraid of the human smell as the true danger behind him. A flash of pink hair confirmed it. Damien gripped his revolver with both hands and breathed in, freezing the world. The birds seemed as if painted into the world, they were so still. With a deliberate motion, Damien sighted down the barrel, and fired a single shot where he knew Elliana to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training in Hokkaido   

Back to top Go down

Training in Hokkaido

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1