HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Forum remake is in the process. Updates will be made and character sheets updated as well. Hope you have fun with how things are currently. Sorry about how things have been!

Share | 

The Journey Begins

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Caelus Marvo

Volts : 512

PostSubject: The Journey Begins   Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:08 pm

No one would be paying much attention to her at the moment. Why would they? She was in a normal Japanese car, sitting on the left side while her father was driving on the right. not to mention, people could be staring at her without her even knowing. The unknown woman was sleeping within the car, the side of her face was mushed up against the car window as she slept soundly. The man sitting to her right shook his head and continued to drive and pay attention to the road. The plane ride here was annoying, more so for his daughter than himself. Typically she slept a lot, ever since the event in Roma, she slept a lot due to the fact she could not sleep during the night.

However, the young woman slowly began to stir and wake up once more. Her stunning forest green eyes glanced out the window she was leaning against with a tired look. Pulling herself off of the glass, she rubbed her cheek with a gloved hand and yawned rather loudly. "So.. where's the apartment?" Her voice was tired and extremely bored at the moment. Herself and her father traveled from Italia to here in Japan, mostly because she wanted to figure out more about the rival Mafia family.

The green eyed woman knew a lot about the Mafia families, or at least some of which her father knew. They were the main reason why Tristan had gotten back into the field as a Mechanic, with his daughter at his side. The family that had kept the Marvo's low and hidden agreed that they would somewhat protect Tristan and Caelus, his daughter, when they went to Japan. Blinking out of her thoughts and memories, Caelus looked at the apartment building, sighing as she got out of the car. Tristan spoke and told his daughter he would get them settled into the two bedroom apartment.

Caelus was a young woman of average height, wearing orange shirt with a black slight jacket over it, the sleeved rolled up to her elbows. Her black gloves hid everything on her hands from view, expect for the right middle finger was missing a piece of cloth until the knuckle. Her pants were typical torn up jeans with some mechanic boots, but what she held on more than her jacket and gloves, was her hat. She was wearing a gray hat with her goggles hidden underneath them, afraid of how locals would react to seeing someone walking around with Green hair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dream Eater

Volts : 56

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins   Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:30 pm

Damien rushed from table to table, trying to take the ever increasing amount of orders while simultaneously balancing plates of food, served fresh from the small outside cafe. Since he had been hired, many came to see him as the small town sports star, as well as the acrobatics he would sometimes perform for the customers during lunch- or when trying to get around all the people. It was annoying sometimes, but it was very good pay, and he got free food as well; all just more ways to help out his sister.

Finally, Damien finished every one of the orders and slumped against the railing with a sigh. Today hadn't been too bad, other than the one loudmouth at table 6. It had been packed as usual, but nothing that required drastic measures. He smoothed out the simple waiter's uniform he had to wear, brushing off any crumbs that may have stuck to him inadvertently. He had rolled his sleeves up to his shoulders as to not catch fire in the kitchen, and had left his usual hoodie at home. Other than that, he had chosen his usual blue jeans and sneakers. From the corner of his eye, Damien saw movement, and so quizzically looked up to see what the commotion was about. He cocked his head slightly as the new car pulled into the driveway, then remembered his boss telling him about the old favorites who had lived there a while ago. A middle-aged man, as well as a girl who looked about his age, exited the car. The man conversed with the girl for a bit before he walked inside the complex and she began to wander down the street. Damien vaulted over the waist-high wooden fence and, gathering his breath, stuck his fingers in his mouth and emitted a piercing whistle. Having got the girl's attention, Damien flagged her down, waving for her to come over. Damien cut down on the trip, jogging over halfway and meeting her. "Hey there, my name's Damien Lier. You're new 'round here, right? Can I ask for your name?" An idea came to Damien. "Say, would you care for lunch? It's on the house, and I guarantee it'll be good."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caelus Marvo

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins   Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:35 pm

Caelus could only guess that her father was getting everything in his room settled first. He never really touched her clothe,s mostly because there was still remnants of car oil or other greases that never came out of her clothing. To her however, they smelt new and fresh every time she would wear them. She would tend to figure the fact that her family steered clear of her work bench slash bedroom above their garage. Sighing mentally she didn't understand what was wrong with her clothes or anything that she really would do. Caelus could easily remember her younger sister making a remark how a lady shouldn't be eating as much as she does. That kind of bothered the green haired young woman, as she loved to eat but it never went anywhere.

The young mechanic was slowly drifting off about where the local junkyard would be, thinking already about where some parts and pieces would be so that she could create her only things. Maybe she should work off her father's old blueprints of things he would make for the Familia Mafia that was protecting them. Caelus was falling into her own world until there was a loud whistling sound. Blinking her emerald eyes, she looked towards a male perhaps around her own age, waving his hands in the air. Are people in Japan.. mental? Caelus couldn't help but think in her head, but nonetheless, walked towards him.

He was quite chirpy already even with her being a total stranger. Yeah, completely mental. "Caelus, Marvo Caelus. We just loved into the lower apartment," Caelus nodded over towards the apartment with the typical Japanese car that the protecting her and her father told them not to worry about things like that and it would be taken care of. She felt like a spoiled brat, and she hated it. Blinking her emerald eyes, she slowly nodded her head. "Food? I can't say no to free food." Caelus chuckled, finally realizing that there was free food involved. Japan was starting to look better than Italia.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dream Eater

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins   Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:27 pm

Damien smiled knowingly. "Who can say no to free anything?" He laughed as the two walked to the restaurant. Damien indicated a small table for two. "Gimme a second. I'll get your food for ya." With that, Damien sauntered towards the kitchen door and walked through. A bit of yelling could be heard as the door swung open.

A few minutes later, Damien walked back out , a plate in each hand and one extra balanced on his arm. He set one plate in front of Caelus, and one before his own seat. Both plates were full of curry rice, while the third one was covered in side dishes: onigiri, gyoza, and sushi. Both chopsticks and common kitchen utensils were available. Damien grabbed a nearby pitcher of water and poured both of them glasses. Finally, he sat down with a sigh. "Sorry 'bout that. Some random tussle in the kitchen. Well, dig in, it's fresh." Damien quickly and quietly blessed his food before taking his own advice. "So anyway, where'd ya live before moving? And why Japan? Nice as it is, the country's a bit outta the way." Damien asked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caelus Marvo

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins   Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:06 pm

Chuckling a little, Caelus walked into the restaurant with Damien, noticing that it was quite busy and packed. The green haired female took a mental note that this appeared to be a nice place for her and her father to eat out whenever the chances arise. She had a feeling Tristan would be out finding work like she would be doing things around the local High School or the Middle School. That and she'd lock herself in the apartment's basement, as they paid for that room to be part of her work bench area. She was already planning on finding another cot to put down there in case she worked into the wee hours of the morning, not wanting to climb up the stairs and stumble into her bedroom.

Caelus was slowly losing herself again into her own one track mind of getting settled down here in Japan, not realizing that Damien had came back until she smelt the wonderful food. Grinning, she snapped out of her mental state, loving the good that was on the plate in front of her. "It's no problem, I know the feeling." Caelus smiled a little, it was one of those small knowing smiles. In Italia the guys at the garage would get testy that their favorite (and only) female mechanic had to leave for ten minutes just to get lunch. By the time she came back, they all forgot about her and attacked the pizza. Sighing, Caelus knew one thing, during a meal of any sort she'd have to take off at least her hat, thus pulling it back to reveal her emerald green hair, matching her eyes. A shiver crawled up her spine, she could already tell people were staring and slowly whispering.

Coughing a bit, after eating a spoonful of her curry, she looked up at Damien. "Japan.. is unique. It's like Italia, so my father and I decided to come here for a while." Shutting herself up, Caelus ate another spoonful of the curry. She didn't want anyone to know that she was mostly here to find a better mechanic job, that and find any familia that might know about her brother's murder. No, that would a be a little over the top.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dream Eater

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins   Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:26 pm

Damien smiled as he saw the anticipation on Caelus' face. "Do ya like it? I didn't have much time to cook it, so unfortunately it's not my best." Damien smiled apologetically. He had gotten very good at cooking over the past couple years, thanks to his sister. She had been living off the diet of a college student, and so the best thing she could cook up was a packet of ramen noodles. Sometimes. Still, even as good as she could microwave those noodles, it became a bit sickening night after night after night after night after night. That, and when it came to anything other than architecture, she had the approximate memory of a goldfish. One day she had tried to cook dinner, forgot to pour water in the noodles, and nearly burned down the entire apartment complex. That was where Damien stopped that food fiasco, and learned to cook himself. He had started put as a waiter here, and had quietly probed the chefs here and there for their secrets. Soon he was cooking as well as any of them could, and was earning a very handsome bonus for it. Not only was of a way to support his sister, it meant that when he finally went to college he might actually be able to avoid that insta-noodles. Damien shivered at the mere thought of the food.

But as powerful as this runaway train of thought was, it stopped dead in its tracks for this most recent turn of events. Caelus took off her hat, and Damien immediately saw why she had to wear one. If she didn't, she would be mobbed by just about every guy she passed on the street. 

"...Wow. You're... Beautiful." Damien stated, with total honesty. He silently cursed himself for not being physically able to lie, then quickly tried to change the topic. "Hell, even if ya could lie, you'd just say the same damn thing all over again." His treacherous brain accused. Finally Damien thought of a new topic, as his brain woke up again and began to process what Caelus had said "Italy, huh? Is that where you're from? Nice. As ya could probably guess, I was born in America, land of the free and home of the blunt." Damien laughed before continuing. "So, what school are you planning on transferring to? Namimori High? And what grade?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caelus Marvo

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins   Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:50 pm

For some reason, just like the white hair gene mutation, her hair became green due to the mutation in her genetics. She's been called strange, freaky, weird and also some other harsh names back in Italia. However, by the time she had reached what would be considered High School there, everyone was dying their hair and a lot of people learned to think that perhaps she continued to dye her hair green all the time. That's when some people would even ask what her natural hair colour was. So many told her that it was amazing to hear that green was natural. A dust coat of pink was across Caelus' cheeks, this was the first time hearing that comment from someone. "A-Ah.. thank you, Damien." She looked down towards her foot, eating some Sushi in order to calm herself down. Her stomach was filled with butterflies.

Chuckling, Caelus nodded her head a bit. "My Mother is from Italia, my father is from England. I don't visit the UK a lot.. it isn't the ideal place to go really." She disliked the UK mostly because there was still a Queen and Royalty, she felt as if Royalty should end due to the fact the days of Kings and Queens was long gone. They were the only country that really had a Queen or King of sorts, due to the fact they were more popular than other countries that might still have princes and other royalty. "America.. ? My father has been there a few times, for work.." Caelus picked at more of her food. She would remember when her father was working with the Mafia again he would bring home special snow globes. Laughing, Caelus smiled, almost feeling flattered. "Actually.. I'm considered to have graduated already. I may find a small College in the Area or online courses," Glancing up with her emerald eyes, they held a slight smirk. "I am, Nineteen after all."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dream Eater

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins   Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:45 am

Damien was drinking water as Caelus revealed her secret. He nearly drowned right there in the open air, such was his surprise. "Nineteen? No way. I'd peg you as sixteen maybe, seventeen tops. You're joking, right?" He looked carefully and saw the truth in her eyes. "No, you're not." Damien murmured to himself. He laughed as the thought finally struck him. "Hah! I'm completely unable to lie to anyone, but my eyes can lie to me as easy as can be!" Damien took another drink of water before expertly spearing a sushi roll with his chopsticks. "Though it doesn't help my case when you're cheating like that. Young-looking and beautiful? Absolutely lethal combination there." Damien laughed, a mischievous smirk in his eyes to match the one in Caelus' blow for blow. 

He shook his head, still laughing slightly. "Well, it looks like I'm defeated. Desgraciadamente," Damien said, switching to the far more familiar Spanish as he failed to find the Japanese word he was looking for. "After all," he reasoned, "Spanish and Italian are pretty similar languages. She'll understand what I meant to say." "I'm only seventeen myself." Damien thought for a minute and chuckled. "I suppose that means I have to call you  Caelus-sama now, huh?" Suddenly the events of the past conversation floated through Damien's head with horrific clarity. "I just realized I'm firing question after question, huh? It must feel like an interrogation. Feel free t' start your own line of inquiry." Damien laughed once more as he grabbed an onigiri.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins   

Back to top Go down

The Journey Begins

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1